Garden TorchesGarden torches typically have a simple or decorative pole a few feet in height with a reservoir on top which holds a bottle or can of fuel. They burn with a special torch fuel. Some torches however also have the option to light up with propane or natural gas. A torch once lit can burn for several hours. Most garden torches come with small safety caps. The flame can be easily extinguished by placing the cap over the torch.
Many kinds of torches to choose fromGarden torches come in various designs and materials. The most economical ones are made of bamboo and cane and these are readily available in most home stores. These are great for a tropical feel. Designer torches made of stainless steel and other metals are preferred by people who want a more stylish outdoor ambience. These are also suitable in areas near the beach as they handle the salty atmosphere very well.
Torches really brighten up your outdoors
- Torches are the perfect way to light up walkways, patios, pool sides or gardens.
- Torches add excitement and elegance to the environment. Outdoor torches are an enchanting way to create a unique ambience in your garden or backyard.
- Torches bring in mystique and mystery to any outdoor event.
- They are environment friendly as the cut down on your electricity usage
- A major irritant during evening or nighttime outdoor events is pests and insects. Torches are extremely effective in keeping these unwanted visitors away.
Hurricane LampsA hurricane lamp is an oil or candle lamp, either with a wick for the oil or just a candle. The lamp comes with curved globe that covers the wick or candle to protect the flame from being blown out by strong wind. Hence the name!
Hurricane lamps go back a long wayHurricane lamps have been used for hundreds of years but the basic design has stayed the same. Many hurricane lamps are hand painted with the design on the bottom part repeated on the glass shade. Some hurricane lamps have an additional glass chimney inside the globe for extra protection of the flame.
Hurricane lamps are crafted in different designs and styles. Some are designed to feature antique or vintage styles while others are more modern and stylish using modern materials like stainless steel. These bring in a taste of the old with a new feel.
Hurricane lamps add an old world charm to your outdoors
- Hurricane lamps are beautiful and bring in whiff of nostalgia every time you use them.
- Hurricane lamps are known for their sparkling shades, beautiful designs and lovely textures.
- They are the perfect table lights for an outdoor dinner or party.
- They are also very useful in case of an electricity failure. Hurricane lamps with a wick and oil can be good enough to light up a large area.
- Hurricanes with candles can be used to infuse fragrance into the surrounding with the use of aromatic candles. This is wonderful when you’re looking at creating a romantic atmosphere.
Oil LampsOil lamps too have been around for centuries with shapes and designs evolving with time. Traditionally oil lamps were used to light flames using vegetable oil, mineral oil or animal oil as fuel. These lamps were lit with either cotton or cloth wicks. We normally associate oil lamps with traditional handicrafts like pottery and terracotta but now many modern metallic versions of the simple oil lamp are available and they are adorning modern homes and outdoors around the world.
Oil lamps are great for the outdoors
- Oil lamps whether hung or placed on a surface provide subtle and inviting lighting to any space.
- They can illuminate a large area as light spills across the space
- Oil lamps have great decorative appeal. They look extremely elegant and infuse warmth into the surroundings
Use your garden lighting equipment safely
- Purchase torches and lamps that meet safety standards and are certified
- Store all fuel (oil or gas) supply in a cool, dry well ventilated place, preferably away from you home.
- Other that in the torch or lamp, keep flame and fuel away from each other
- Always put out your torches and lamps when the party is over. Never leave them to extinguish themselves Not only does this waste fuel, its an open invitation to an accident.
- Keep a chemical fire extinguisher handy. Water doesn’t work on oil or gas fire and can only compound the problem in case of a fire.
Our range offers you many great outdoor lighting optionsWe bring you an expansive range of garden lighting products in association with Blomus and Zack, manufacturers of stylish, high-end stainless steel home décor. You can choose from garden torches, lanterns, hurricane lamps, oil lamps, and many other garden lighting accessories. Each of these produces symbolizes modernity and class, something that every home owner aspires for these days.
Light up your outdoors with any of these gorgeous products and create memorable occasions every time.