Brew a perfect cup of coffee in a coffee makerOnce you get used to the taste of coffee shop or office coffee, it is very difficult to go back to the plain old drip cup in you home. And going to the coffee shop everyday is an an expensive proposition. This is why coffee makers are an integral part of homes today. Coffee makers make just the kind of coffee you like in no time at all. Easily and at probably one tenth the cost!
Popular kinds of coffee makersCoffee makers have come a long way since they first made an appearance in 1972 as Mr. Coffee, the first drip coffee maker made especially for home usage. Now many years and many innovations later, there is a wide range of coffee makers available exclusively for home use. The two most popular types are:
Automatic drip coffee makers – These inexpensive machines are perhaps the most commonly used. They come with a filter basket, glass carafe and a warming plate. The coffee grounds go into the filter basket through which cold water is filtered and it then drips into the glass carafe, which sits on a warming plate. You can even add exotic flavors like vanilla and cinnamon along with the coffee beans when you brew your coffee in an automatic drip machine. These machines provide rich, fragrant and aromatic coffee. The drip coffee maker has a manual variant as well. This is just like the automatic drip except you heat up and pour the water into the holder where the coffee filter filled with coffee sits. It drains into the pot and the coffee is ready! These are great for the outdoors.
Espresso coffee makers - A great favorite of those who love a strong rich Italian brew. The stovetop version of the espresso coffee maker has a funnel filter filled with coffee which is placed in a boiler that has water in it. After placing the top on tightly, the entire contraption is placed on a stove burner. As the boiler heats, the coffee brews. Automatic espresso coffee makers have also become increasingly popular. The high end models not only grind the coffee beans, but also throw out the used beans when the brewing is over.
There are many other kinds of coffee makers like Vacuum coffee makers, French press coffee makers and the old fashioned Percolators, but these have a somewhat complex operation, so they are not really the most preferred of options, though some people would still swear by them.
What coffee maker should you buy?
- Different coffee makers brew different sort of coffee. Even the numbers of cups you can make in one go is different in each. You can therefore base your decision on:
- The kind of coffee you like: Espresso or cappuccino or latte or regular or something else? What is that you really want? Buy a coffee maker that brews your favorite coffee.
- Numbers of cups needed in one go: How many people are going to be drinking coffee at one time. Whether it’s just you, or more members of the family? Depending on that, you can choose the right size
- Material used: Look for coffee makers made with high end material. For instance, the coffee pot glass should be reinforced so that there is no danger of cracking and more insulation.
- Digital Features: Many coffee makers come with timers and auto switch on and off devices which switch on the machine depending on the set time and switch if when the coffee is brewed.
- Water filtering device: Look for this when buying your coffee maker. You don’t want your coffee to taste bad because of excess minerals in the water.
Choose from our range of coffee makersWe bring you an array of coffee maker from some of the finest manufactures of kitchen appliances and accessories. Among these are Cuisinox, Canada’s well know manufacture of multi clad stainless steel cookware which is known for innovative and high quality products. Cuisinox offers you premium range of stovetop espresso coffee makers which make this Italian specialty easily available for home consumption.
Also available are the Black and Decker Smartbrew 12 cup coffee maker (Black and Decker, is known the world over for its superior home appliances) and Zack Stainless Steel Espresso maker (Zack is another name associated with very creative and high end stainless steel products)
So if you love your cup of coffee as much as millions of others out there, pick up a coffee maker for your home today. And savor the divine taste of freshly brewed coffee for years to come.